Clean for the Queen at the Don Gorge, Saturday 9 April, 2016
Message from Liz Reeve, Don Gorge Community Group:
Just a reminder that this event will take place on Saturday and we look forward to seeing as many as possible turn up to help, even if only for an hour or two. We will be there from 9.30 am to 3 pm.
– You should report to the area you think you would like to work in and ask for the group leader
– Everyone must register with the leader on arrival and sign out on departure.
– Everyone should wear appropriate clothing and footwear/wellingtons, as well as gloves.
– Rubbish bags will be collected by DMBC from the nearest points to the road and efforts should be made to put similar rubbish together so that it can be recycled.
– Litter pickers or other tools will be provided as necessary.
As I mentioned before, we expect there will be four teams, supervised to ensure the safety of all:
- The Trans-Pennine Trail, working from the landing stage at Lower Sprotborough – litter-picking with Paul Ashcroft between the end of the Flash and just beyond the Lock
- The Island, litter-picking supervised by Lucy Dockray of the Canal & River Trust
- The area near the fish pass – clearing litter, wood and plant material (supervised by Mick Reeve and Graham Daniel.)
- The Levitt Hagg track and woodland – particularly clearing the edges of the track
If you know anyone else who may be interested in joining us, please feel free to circulate this information to them.
We look forward to seeing you and having a really good clear up. Hopefully the weather will be good.
Many thanks to all in advance.
(Tel: 01302 313030)