From a home to a museum
Cusworth Hall, was built between 1741 and 1744 for the Wrightson family by George Platt of Rotherham, with the wings on each side being added between 1751 and 1753. The Hall is now an industrial museum and its grounds a country park. A multi-million-pound grant from the National Lottery has funded an extensive refurbishment programme to the building and grounds. There are outstanding south-facing views from the back of the Hall, where itâ€™s possible to see the Trent Valley power stations more than 40 miles away.