Breadcrumb Links

Family links

The Fitzwilliams owned much of the local land until the early 15 th century when the Copley family emerged as major landowners. Their legacy and links with the village continue through a local school – Copley Junior – which was named after them. Long-gone Sprotbrough Hall was built in 1670 for the Copleys.


Copy of a Kips engraving made around 1700

Garden party at Sprotbrough Hall

Entrance to Sprotbrough Hall off what is now Park Drive

Aerial photo of Sprotbrough. Date unknown