Welcome to the Sprotbrough & Cusworth Parish Council website
Public consultation: We need your views please on the draft Sprotbrough Neighbourhood Development Plan
The Draft Sprotbrough Neighbourhood Development Plan is being published by Sprotbrough and Cusworth Parish Council for consultation under Regulation 14 of The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended). The neighbourhood plan has been prepared by a neighbourhood plan steering group of interested residents and representatives of local organisations on behalf of the Parish Council building on extensive informal public consultation and engagement undertaken since 2015.
The consultation period is from Friday 1st November 2019 until 5pm Friday 31st January 2020. The Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents can be found at http://www.sc-pc.co.uk/news-and-information/sndp/
Hard copies of the Neighbourhood Plan and forms to provide comments can be found at: The Parish Council office; The Goldsmith Centre, Sprotbrough Road, DN5 8BP Sprotbrough Library; Sprotbrough Rd, Doncaster DN5 8BA
All responses should be returned by post to: The Goldsmith Centre, Sprotbrough Road, DN5 8BP or by email to email@example.com
Should you have any queries relating to the consultation or submitting your comments please contact the Clerk to the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All about the parish council
The work of Sprotbrough and Cusworth Parish Council is funded by an annual precept paid by each home in the parish. The precept for the 2019/20 financial year is £177,626.
The money is collected on our behalf by Doncaster MBC as part of the yearly Council Tax levy.
Some 12,500 people live in the parish.
The parish council owns assets worth over £1.4 million and these have to be maintained throughout the year, including:
- The Goldsmith Centre
- Joint ownership of Scawsby Community Centre with Brodsworth Parish Council
- Four playing fields, with two offering facilities to local teams – Anchorage Lane, Goldsmith Centre, New Lane and Newlands Park
- Three children’s play areas with safety surfaces – Anchorage Lane, Goldsmith Centre and New Lane
- Four basketball nets on hard surfaces – Anchorage Lane, Goldsmith Centre, New Lane and Newlands Park
- Skateboard/BMX park – Anchorage Lane
- Two pavilions/changing rooms – The Norman Dent Sports Pavilion at Anchorage Lane and Newlands Park
- A storage facility built on to the Goldsmith Centre
- Five allotments